SAFETY AND TOOL USE CERTIFICATION (STUC)
The Safety and Tool Use Certification (STUC) acts as a general and Department-specific safety and policy refresher, and is an opportunity for us to introduce new shop tools, processes, etc. to Members.
Department STUCs are required for all CIADC Members wishing to use Open Studio Access (OSA) outside of an enrolled class Department:
- Student Members wishing to work in Department OSA other than their class Department require Department STUC(s)
- Access Members wishing to work in any Department OSA require Department STUC(s)
A Department STUC is not required for current Students or Student Members of the Department.
Eligibility for any Department STUC requires:
- that you be a current CIADC Member
- that you have completed at least 1 previous Core Class in the Department of the STUC
There is no charge for attending scheduled STUC dates. Alternate date STUCs are available for a fee.
Register for Department STUCs below.
- Department STUCs must be renewed each term, no exceptions
- Access Members must purchase a discounted 5-OSA -or- 10-OSA punch card, valid for the current term only, before taking the STUC
Click below for the guide to our Programming: