Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center will be at SOFA Expo at Navy Pier November 2 through November 5. Check out the latest in sculpture, functional art, and design – and say hello to CIADC in the Partner Pavilion area. For more info, visit sofaexpo.com.
Review will be our year-end survey of new works created at CIADC during 2017.
We are seeking your exemplary objects from a year of making in metal, wood, casting, and design – wrap up the year and show us your best work! CIADC Members and Students interested in taking part in this exhibit should complete a “Call for Entry” exhibition form available at the front desk.
To participate, please complete a submission form by Monday, October 23
· Works will be selected and coordinated by Monday, October 30
· Drop-off will take place November 6 through November 12
· The exhibit will open on Saturday, November 18
Register Now! Fall Teen and Adult Classes Begin Monday, September 11
Casting & Molding (**Save 10% through 9/10**)
modeling, mold-making, and casting of 3D objects in aluminum, bronze, and more!
Metalworking & Forging (**Save 10% through 9/10**)
cutting, shaping, welding, and finishing 3D objects in steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and bronze!
Technology & Design (**Save 10% through 9/10**)
3D Computer-Aided Design: design for shop construction, rendering for presentation, and CNC output!
Woodworking (**Save 10% through 9/10**)
cutting, shaping, joining, and finishing 3D objects in hardwoods, sheet goods, and lumber!
- Metal Finishing: Abrasive, Coloring, Protecting
- Design of Object: Proportions and Planning (**Save over 15% through 9/10**)
- Photographing 3D Objects: Digitally Documenting Your Work (Members Save 50%!)
- Wood Joinery
- Wood Finishing Techniques