Dear CIADC Community:
The Chicago Industrial Arts and Design Center’s annual fundraising event, the2016 Makers Ball, is just over 2 weeks away! Join us on June 18th, from 7pm-11pm at our 6433 N. Ravenswood Ave. home and help celebrate what has been an incredible first year of programming!
The 2016 Makers Ball will be a celebration, most definitely. However, the event plays a much bigger role as a fundraiser to help fill the operations revenue shortcomings that are typical with a start-up organization. The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that relies on charitable contributions to help fulfill our mission of providing education, working access, and community to 3D object makers working with materials and processes requiring specialized skill-sets, industrial workspace, and shop equipment. With classes and open studio access, we have helped nearly 550 people realize their creative projects in Casting and Molding, Metalworking, Technology, and Woodworking since we opened our doors May 11, 2015!
How can you help?
- Purchase tickets to the 2016 Makers Ball to attend, as a gift, or even as a donation
- Become a 2016 Makers Ball Sponsor / Donor at a level right for you or your business
- Participate in “night-of” fundraising activities:
- Donate a CIADC Department-specific tool or material on our Helping Hands board
- Bid on Silent Auction items (Vacation home stay in Western Michigan, Cubs tickets, Runfola Studios Furniture, restaurant and wine basket gift certificates, CIADC Member-made candleholders, etc.)
- Pull a number for the Wine Cork Pull
- Purchase 50/50 raffle tickets
- Spread the word:
- Volunteer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Volunteer”, and note when you can help. We will email you with details!
- Friday 6/17 (heavy moving, plus sweeping) transform shops to party hall!
- Saturday 6/18 setup/decorate CIADC for Makers Ball
- Saturday 6/18 Makers Ball event activities
- Saturday 6/18 post-event “light” cleanup
- Sunday 6/19 (heavy moving) re-setup CIADC for industrial arts activities!
The 2016 Makers Ball is the can’t miss event for June, featuring live music from the Amazing Heeby Jeebies, food from Sauce and Bread Kitchen, wine fromH2Vino, beer from Revolution Brewing and Half Acre Beer. I look forward to seeing you there!