March 27, 2018, 7pm-9pm
Topic: Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) Machines for Creatives
Kicking off our social gathering series is an overview of CNC Machines, and what purpose they can serve creatives. CIADC is happy to announce that we will be receiving our first shop-sized CNC machine, a ShopSabre PRO404 CNC router, this Spring. Come hear what that means for you and your creative process.
Discussion to include:
- What is a CNC machine? What specifically is a CNC router?
- What role can CNC machining play with creating sculptural, functional, decorative, or product-oriented 3D objects?
- What is the typical workflow of outputting to a CNC machine?
- What are the capabilities of the CIADC CNC router?
- How can I use the CNC at CIADC?
- How will CIADC grow their CNC Studio?
Light food and drink will be provided
Free and Open to the public!
Please RSVP to email@example.com with how many attending